Your blog's appearance determines how it will look on the Tumblr dashboard, in the mobile apps, and in search results. This is different than your blog’s theme, which is how the blog looks on the web when navigating to its full URL, like staff.tumblr.com.
Editing Your Blog's Appearance
To edit your blog's appearance in the mobile app:
- Tap the account button to view your blog.
- Tap the palette icon at the top of the screen to open the appearance editor.
- Tap on the Background or Accent buttons to select different colors for each.
- Tap on the blog title to set customization options for the title font and color.
- Tap on the header image to hide, or add a new header image.
- Tap on the blog avatar to upload or hide the avatar.
- On iOS, tap Update to set the new avatar, then tap Save once you're done. On Android tap the green checkmark, then tap Save once you're done.
To edit your blog's appearance on web:
- Click on the account menu button at the top of the dashboard, and select Settings.
- Select your blog from the menu on the right.
- Click on the Edit Appearance button at the top.
- Click the pencil icon in the header image for header customization options.
- Click on the pencil icon in the avatar for avatar customization options.
Appearance vs. Blog Theme
Das Erscheinungsbild bestimmt, wie dein Blog auf mobilen Geräten, in Suchergebnissen und in dem kleinen Fenster aussieht, das erscheint, wenn jemand den Cursor über deinem Usernamen platziert. Kurzum: So sieht dein Blog überall aus, außer unter deiner Blog-URL.
Your blog title, description text, and avatar are universally attached to your blog. If you change them via your appearance options, they’ll change for both mobile and web views.
You can view a blog's theme (including your own) by clicking on the blog avatar from the dashboard. When the peepr view opens, click on the blog's name in the top left of the peepr window. If a blog cannot be viewed at its URL, it may have enabled a privacy feature. You can find more information about other Tumblr privacy features here.