Tag filtering prevents posts with certain #tags from showing up in your dashboard and in search. Whatever you don’t wanna see, this is a way to not see it. Here’s how to get there:
On the web
- Go to your account settings (click the little human at the top of the screen, then “Settings”).
- Scroll down to “Filtering” and click the little pencil icon on the right.
- Add or remove tags to your heart’s content.
In the app
- Tap your account settings (the little human), then the gear icon.
- Tap “Global Settings” (iOS) or “General Settings” (Android).
- Select “Filtering.”
- Tap “+New” to add tags, and swipe left on existing tags to show the “Delete” button.
Keep in mind that this feature is only as good as the tags on a post allow it to be. It doesn’t filter out all mentions of or underhanded allusions to a phrase, it only filters out posts that are specifically tagged with that phrase. All the more reason to be a good neighbor and tag your posts accurately and often.
It’s also worth noting that tag filtering doesn’t filter out advertisements, posts sent via messaging, or your own posts.