Blogs gone wild
If your blog is suddenly posting spam or sending out spam messages, don't panic: it happens to the best of us. Some things that might have occurred:
- A malicious application has been given access to your account. Go ahead and revoke that access.
- You've entered your Tumblr account credentials into a fake login page. What’d you go and do that for? Now you have to change your password.
Revoking an application's access to your account
- Click "Settings" under the account menu at the top of the dashboard.
- Click "Apps" on the right side of the page.
- Click the “x” next to any application you want to remove.
Removing existing spam posts from your blog
You can remove spam posts from your blog the same way you’d delete any other posts on your blog. Here’s a basic refresher, but stick around for a cool tip.
- Choose the affected blog from the account menu at the top of the dashboard.
- Click the gear icon at the bottom of the post you want to remove, then choose "Delete.” If you want to remove a large number of posts, we recommend using the Mass Post Editor, which you can access on the right side of the page or via tumblr.com/mega-editor/blogname.