Before you do anything, please be aware that deletions cannot be undone. Never, ever. Once you delete your blog or account, its contents are gone forever.
Deleting your account
At this time, you can only delete your account / primary blog from a browser (on your computer or in a mobile browser), rather than in the app.
To delete your entire account, go to your primary blog's settings page or your account settings page and hit the "delete account" button at the bottom of the page. Be aware:
- Your primary blog will be deleted. If TFA has been enabled for your account, you will be required to input the code.
- Your secondary blogs that you are the only member of will be deleted, and you'll be removed from any group blogs you are a member of.
- Your blog URL will be released, and can be used by anyone who's looking to create a blog.
- You can create a new account using the same email address you used last time.
Deleting a secondary / group blog
Here's how to delete a secondary or group blog.
- On the web: Click "Settings" under the account menu at the top of the dashboard, then click the name of blog you'd like to delete or leave on the right side of the page. Click "Delete blog" or "Leave blog" at the bottom of the screen.
- On iOS: Tap the account icon (looks like a person), tap your blog's name in the upper left corner, then swipe left on the blog you'd like to delete or leave and choose "Delete" or "Leave."
- On Android: Tap the account icon (looks like a person), tap your blog's name in the upper left corner, tap the gear icon, then choose "Delete this Tumblr" or "Leave the group."
If you're the sole member of the blog, choosing "Delete blog" will remove it from Tumblr and release its URL for anyone to use. If there’s at least one remaining member of the blog, you can't delete it, but choosing "Leave blog" will remove you from it. If you were the only blog Admin, another member will be automatically promoted to Admin. Learn more about administering group blogs here.