Group blogs are blogs with multiple members (the name “Group blog” was not intended to be mysterious). Only secondary blogs can be group blogs.
To add other members to a group blog:
- Click the account menu (the person silhouette) at the top of the dashboard.
- Mouse over the blog you’d like to add members to, and click the person icon that appears to the right of the blog name.
- Click “Members.”
- Type the person’s email address and click “Invite to this blog.”
We’ll send an email with an invite link (that they can only use once, by the way).
Group blog admins
Some differences between blog members and admins:
- Admins can invite new users, remove existing users, and delete posts by any member.
- Members can post to a blog and edit or remove their own posts.
- Admins can view and reply to Asks; members cannot.
To give admin privileges to a member:
On the Members page, click the “Promote to admin” button next to the user you’d like to promote. Note that there are no demotions in group blogging. Once you make someone an Admin, you won’t be able to take away their admin privileges or remove them from the blog. It’s a one-way trip. And no, Tumblr can't remove an admin for you, it's like getting a tattoo so make sure you trust that person a 1000% before making them an admin of your favorite secondary blog.
Leaving vs deleting a group blog
If you're the sole member of the blog, choosing "Delete blog" will remove it from Tumblr and release its URL for anyone to use. However if there’s at least one remaining member of the blog, you can't delete it, but choosing "Leave blog" will remove you from it. If you were the only blog Admin, another member will be automatically promoted to Admin. Again, that means the blog won't be deleted but you won't have access to it anymore. Think of it as breaking up with your blog permanently.