To post a GIF on web:
Just open up a post and click the “GIF” icon. Type to search for GIFs on a particular subject, and click to add GIFs to your post. If you change your mind, just hit the X to delete.
If you're having issues uploading GIFs, check out our Image troubleshooting article.
To post or create a GIF on mobile:
In the mobile apps, you can search for and post a GIF, or create your own. Tap the pencil to create a new post. Then tap the “GIF” icon. From here, you can choose one of the popular GIFs displayed, tap the magnifying glass to search for a GIF, or use “+Create a GIF” to make your own.
To create your own GIF:
- Start by tapping “+Create a GIF” to open up the videos stored on your device’s camera roll.
- Tap to select a video to GIF-ify. Now you're ready to select a 3 second clip using the slider. Choose a playback type by tapping "Loop," "Rebound," or "Reverse."
- On this screen, you can also choose your playback speed by tapping the little speedometer icon at top right.
- Once you're ready, tap the checkmark. Now you’ll have the option to add stickers, text, or filters to your GIF.
- Finally, tap the arrow to be taken back to your post, where you can add additional content, text, or tags before you publish.