A few shortcuts and tips for those of you on an iOS device:
- To send messages or ask questions to other users through the app, press the speech bubble icon while viewing any blog. If the user hasn’t enabled asks or you haven’t been following them for more than 24 hours, the ask option won’t be there.
- To learn more about changing your blog's appearance through the app, visit our Appearance options article.
- To log out (we’ll just assume you’re looking to relive the experience of logging in again), visit the account screen (the little human) and tap the settings gear, then "Global settings." Scroll to the bottom and press “Log Out.”
- To give the app permission to access your photos, go to your phone's Settings app > Privacy > Photos and set the Tumblr app to "On."
- To use the fast reblog function, press and hold the reblog icon on any post to reblog it in a single step. The status indicator will disappear once the reblog is complete.
- To post photos from other apps, press and hold the photo. In the Action Sheet, swipe to the Tumblr icon, then tap it. A photo post form will open. Add a caption if you want, then tap "Post."
- To post links from web browsers like Mobile Safari, tap the Share icon to open the Action Sheet. Swipe over to the Tumblr icon, then tap it. A link post form will open. Add a caption if you want, then tap "Post."
- To share or download photos, just press and hold (long tap) the photo, then tap "Save Image" in the Action Sheet and it’ll save to your camera roll.
- To switch from mobile view to desktop view in your mobile browser (when using a device that doesn't have the app), you can use your web browser's settings. For Chrome, tap the 3 dots menu and choose "Request Desktop Site." For Safari, tap in the address bar and pull down on the resulting bookmarks menu to reveal "Request Desktop Site."