The submit feature allows other users to submit posts to your blog(s). Whether or not you publish them is up to you.
To enable post submissions on the web:
- Click "Settings" under the Account menu at the top of the dashboard, then choose the blog you’d like to update on the right side of the page.
- In the Submissions section, enable “Let people submit posts.”
- Customize your Submission page title, guidelines, and tag field.
- Toggle which types of posts users can submit.
And in the app:
- Tap the account icon (the little human).
- Tap the blog name at the top of the screen to select the blog you’d like to update, if it’s not already showing.
- Tap the gear icon.
- Turn the “Let people submit posts” option on. Note that at this time it’s not possible to edit the types of posts people can submit on the app.
Sending a submission
To submit something to a blog (assuming that the blog has submissions enabled):
- In the app: Go to a blog, tap the person icon, and then Submit.
- On the web: Hover over an avatar and click the person icon.
- From the blog: Look for the submit link, or add /ask or /submit to the end of their URL.
Accessing your submissions
To get to your submissions:
- In the app: Go to the account tab (the human), then tap the gear icon and choose “Inbox.” Note that the "Inbox" option won't show up if you don't have any asks, fan mail, or submissions at the moment.
- On the web: Click the envelope near the top right corner of the screen.
Making sure the submit link shows up on your blog
Most themes automatically detect when you turn on submissions. But if you know that you turned them on and you’re not seeing the link on your public-facing blog, go to tumblr.com/customize to find the right switch.
If you enable this feature and the link does not appear on your blog automatically, you’ll need to manually add the link to your blog’s description.
- Click "Settings" under the account menu at the top of the dashboard, then choose the blog you’d like to update on the right side of the page.
- Click “Edit theme” in the Website Theme section.
- Edit your description to add the links. For example:
- Click “Save” and “Exit.”