NSFW content is allowed on Tumblr. You're welcome to post NSFW stuff, and other people are welcome to filter out NSFW stuff. It's a live-and-let-live kind of thing.
One caveat: We're not in the business of actually hosting sexually explicit videos, so don't upload them using our post form. You can, however, embed anything in a Tumblr post as long as it's lawful and follows our other guidelines.
If you don't want to see NSFW content:
- For material on your dashboard, you should be judicious about who you choose to follow. If someone posts stuff you don’t want to see, whether it’s adult-oriented or not, don’t follow them. If you don’t want to see anything overtly sexual in your search results:
- On the web: Click the padlock in the upper-right corner of the search results.
- In the Android app: Tap the padlock that appears at the far right of the search filters list (that white bar that says "Top," "Recent," etc.).
- In the iOS app: Go to the main Settings app on your device, scroll down and tap “Tumblr,” then look for “Safe Search.”
If a questionable post happens to sneak through, please do everyone a favor and report it.
If your blog contains nudity or adult-oriented content:
- Please respect the choices of the people in our community and flag your blog as “NSFW” on your blog settings page.
When a blog is flagged NSFW:
- Logged-in users won’t see those posts in their search results if they’re hiding NSFW content.
- Logged-out users won’t see those posts in their search results, period.
- If your blog was inappropriately flagged (or if was appropriately flagged, but you have since removed the NSFW content), file a report with our Trust & Safety team with the following information:
- The email address you used to register your account.
- The URL of the blog you're asking about.
- A detailed explanation of why you think the blog was mistakenly flagged or should be unflagged.
- If your video was removed for containing sexually explicit content and you think it shouldn't have been, you can file an appeal with our Trust & Safety team by filling out this form.