Your privacy is important to us. You can use the Privacy Dashboard to see and manage many aspects of how your information is used. While signed out, you'll see info about your current device. To also see details about your account, sign in. For your security, you'll be signed out automatically after 15 minutes.
Access the Privacy Dashboard
From the app:
- Tap the account icon (the little human).
- Tap the gear wheel icon, and then select “General settings.”
- Tap the link for the “Privacy Dashboard.”
- You’ll see a prompt to allow the application access. You must tap “Allow” in order to proceed to the Privacy Dashboard.
On the web:
- Click "Settings" under the account menu at the top of the dashboard (the person silhouette).
- Select “Privacy” from the menu on the right side of your screen.
- Click the link for the Privacy Dashboard.
- You’ll see a prompt to allow the application access. You must click “Allow” in order to proceed to the Privacy Dashboard.
View or edit your data
You can view specific information about your Tumblr account by clicking on the Tumblr card under “Your Products.” This information includes:
- The email address you used to sign up for Tumblr.
- The phone number we have for two-factor authentication, if any.
- The birth year we have associated with your account based on the age you entered during registration.
- The date you registered for Tumblr.
- The language you have set for using Tumblr.
- A list of your recent Tumblr sessions.
To manage your privacy settings on Tumblr, click the “Tumblr Privacy Settings” card. You’ll be taken to your account settings.
If you'd like to see all of your associated data, instead of a summary, use the "Download" option (instructions below).
Request a download of your data
You can request a download for data associated with your Tumblr account. It can take up to 30 days for the request to finish processing and the download to become available. You'll be notified by email when the download is ready. Once a download is requested, another download request cannot be made until the original request is done or canceled.
- Go down to "Download Your Data" and click “Request a download.”
- Select some or all product data to include in your download.
- Click Next.
- Enter an email address you'd like to be notified at when the download is ready.
- Click “Request Download.”
Download your data:
1. Once you've been notified that your download is ready, visit the Privacy Dashboard.
2. Go down to "Download Your Data" and click “Your download requests.”
3. Beside a download request, click Download.
Cancel your download request:
1. Go down to "Download Your Data" and click “Your download requests.”
2. Beside a download request, click “Cancel request.”
Understand and read the data you download
Format of the data:
Type of info in the download:
We return all personally identifiable data about you that you've given us and any info we can provide that's associated with your account, which does not compromise the security of our systems or your account.
If you're looking to download the contents of your blog (including any media you've uploaded), read about how to export your blog here.