You can export all of the content you’ve created for your blog, and we’ll package it up into a convenient ZIP file for you to download.
To start the process, go to your account settings on the web:
- Click "Settings" under the account menu at the top of the dashboard (the person silhouette).
- Select the blog you’d like to export on the right side of the page.
- Scroll down to the “Export” section and click the “Export [blog name]” button.
- You’ll see a message indicating that your backup is processing.
When your blog’s content is finished collecting, the processing message will be replaced with a “Download backup” button. Click this button to download a ZIP file of your blog’s exported contents.
If you want to export the contents of more than one of your blogs, you'll need to initiate this process separately for each blog.
Your blog export may include:
- A Posts folder, with an HTML file for each post (this includes reblogs, drafts, private posts, flagged posts, and any other hidden posts).
- A Media folder, with the media from your posts, plus any media you’ve uploaded (like in messaging). These files will be in the format you uploaded them in (JPG, GIF, PNG, MP4, and so on).
- A representation of your blog’s messaging conversations, in XML format.
- A representation of your blog’s posts, also in XML format.
Note that your backup may take some time to process. Check back on your blog's settings page periodically to see if it has completed.