Hoping to appear in search results?
The factors that contribute to appearing in search on Tumblr are complex and change almost daily, as we make improvements to provide the best results. So while the exact criteria may be different at any given moment, here are some factors that always affect what appears in search results:
- Whether you’re looking at top or recent search results ("top" meaning our most popular posts, and "recent" meaning the posts appear with the most recent ones first). In the app you can switch between them by tapping those options underneath the search bar, and on the web they’re at the top left of the search results.
- Whether Safe Search or Safe Mode are turned on (both will filter out sensitive content in search results). Learn more about those in our Sensitive content article.
- Whether "Hide <blog name> from search results" is disabled on that blog’s settings page.
- Original post vs. reblog (only original posts will show up in search results).
- Number of tags on the post (the first 20 tags on a post will be indexed in recent and top searches, and that blog’s own tag pages, but only the first five will be indexed in tag search results, like searching for "#stuff" rather than "stuff").
- Whether the post employs any tactics often used by spam blogs (like using an excessive amount of trending tags at one time, for example).
- How often that blog’s been posting on a particular tag or search page (if you've made multiple posts in a given public tag, only a few might show up together between other blogs for that search).
- Any links in the post (some links may cause posts to be hidden from recent search results).
- Number of post notes (for top search results only, not recent).
Don't want to appear in search results?
If you don't want to appear in search results, you can always remove your blog from all search engine results (including our own) by turning off the "Allow this blog to appear in search results" option in your blog's settings on the web.
यह ध्यान रखें कि खोज इंजन संपूर्ण इंटरनेट से सामग्री को कैशे करते हैं, जिसमें Tumblr भी शामिल है. कभी-कभी किसी Tumblr ब्लॉग या पोस्ट का कैशे किया हुआ वर्शन खोज इंजन पर कुछ समय तक बना रहता है, जबकि Tumblr से उसे हटाया जा चुका है. अगर खोज इंजन में कुछ ऐसा है जिसे आप हटाना चाहते हैं तो आपको सीधे खोज इंजन से संपर्क करना पड़ेगा जिससे वे अपने कैशे से वह सामग्री निकाल दें.